Thursday, January 26, 2006

Uncle Sam is My Best Man.




And he's paying for my wedding photography, courtesy of my big, fat tax return. Whether he wants to recognize a lesbian marriage or not. Working my piddly-pay human services job (that I loved) for much of `05, I paid quite a bit in taxes, but then quit to go back to school and shelled out almost $5000 for the semester, plus paying in on some student loan interest. The results? Getting to stop freaking out about not being able to afford major wedding expenses. Thanks so much for the great comments on my last post- I love hearing wedding stories and ideas- we're definitely taking the advice on shelling out the cash for a photographer. My return should just about cover it. Now I just hope nobody has booked this guy since last weekend! It was great to hear that some of you made/are making it work on small budgets- I think we'll have a similar budget to work with (thanks to the IRS) and it's nice to be in good company! Now, if we can just get a windfall for that cruise to Alaska...

1 comment:

Eryn said...

so glad to hear Good Ol' Uncle Sam is helping you out! You will not regert sheeling that money out for a photographer.