Thursday, March 02, 2006

I did a very bad thing.

I found some pictures online of a lesbian wedding with the brides wearing our colors and of course cried all over the place. I'm going to be a total mess during our ceremony. I cry practically every time I think about it. The bad thing is that these photos were of an outdoor wedding, which was what I always wanted, but which didn't seem to work out when we were initally planning. And the photos look gorgeous, so now I'm back to wanting an outdoor ceremony. Obsessively. This could just be bride's insanity, and it is insanity since it's only six months away and on a holiday weekend during a very popular season and there don't seem to be any pretty outdoor sites near our reception except for one that's being used by our very dear friends for their wedding just two months before and I just feel that I can't be a copycat even if it is still available which it probably isn't. Whew. Did you catch all that? Don't get me wrong, our sanctuary at the UU is nice, and has two aisles (perfect for two brides), but the windows are all stained glass and that season can be just so darn beautiful outside... Or maybe it's because the UU ticked me off recently (to put it lightly) by deciding to fire our minister without telling everyone (like the two of us, who were totally blindsided by this two Sundays ago). Hmm. Trees. Gardens. Stone walls. Pretty flowers and white chairs. Long swaths of white cloth blowing in the wind...

2 comments:

Eryn said...

Did they fire Jay? We used to go there when we lived in Noho but now go to the amherst UU since moving across the river.

What happened?

starevelina said...

I think I'm going to write a post about this, actually, because it's upsetting and I have a lot to say. Though I still don't know all the information, I think Jay is going to be asked to resign.
-Kate-