Sunday, August 13, 2006

3 weeks! Ai ai ai!

There's just something really neat about the phrase "welcome to the family". J's parents, sister, and several extended family members threw us a surprise shower yesterday. It being in Oregon, I couldn't be there, but J loves surprises and so was totally thrilled, of course. They bought red and white decorations with hearts and brought lovely presents and I think they went out for dinner. Since I'm back here in Mass, they called me up and passed the phone around so that I could "meet" everybody. They were all really sweet with their congratulations and welcoming me to the family and wishing they could come to the wedding (most are not, as it is very far away), and one promise to hitchike out here for it. I'm really glad J has such a great family. And lucky me, I get to marry in! It's nice to feel welcomed.
Meanwhile, the anxiety is setting in- 3 weeks left! My poor sister got dragged along with me yesterday as I wandered through Michael's craft store, contemplating pew wreaths and favors and ceremony decorations, listening to my fears about the weather. Still sitting here, contemplating... those pews.... those tissure paper flowers.... those chocolates...

1 comment:

starevelina said...

And the mini Cinderella carriage!